Thursday 16 May 2013

Jabs

So I had my final travel jabs today. I had a different nurse this time but she was equally as lovely as the first one. Not only did I get advice on my travel health but I also received advice on visas, sightseeing, getting off the beaten track and how to meet the locals.
I also heard about her recent trip to India. She did a great job of taking my mind off the needles going into my arm.
Whilst in India she and her husband decided to take a trip to the main Railway Station to watch the locals. They purchased platform tickets, chose their position and waited for a train to pull in. Within seconds of its arrival the previously deserted platform was swarming with people as the train was vacated. She described how thousands and thousands of people seeped from every door and window on the train enveloping the platform with bustle, hullabaloo and vibrant colour. Doesn’t exactlysound like London Victoria.
I hadn’t really considered railway stations as tourist destination, just a means to get to the ‘sights’ but I guess it is all part ofthe experience.