Sunday 23 March 2014

A few lazy weeks in Malibu

I land in LA three hours before I leave Christchurch having crossed the International Date Line.

I am here to stay with Michael and he has rented a little house perched on a bluff in Malibu having recently returned from his own round the world adventure.  This is the longest by far I have been in any one place in 9 months and a nice way to wind down from the travel. During our time in Malibu, a mixture of practicalities and catching up with for Michael and site seeing for me, we formulate our next move.  We decide that as I am heading back to England, it might be fun to drive across America to the East coast and pick up a flight from there. Squeezing in one last adventure before the reality of hoping home hits hard.

Point Dume
Whimbrels
The view from our little house
Our little house
Santa Monica
Hike to the Hollywood sign
On a drive home
Venice boardwalk
Venice Beach
San Diego
San Diego Zoo
Fossa, giant tortoise, fennic and a dik-dik
               
Pandas
And a really cool orangutan
The sign at the end of our road where everyone stops for a photo
Pelicans
Gulls
More pellicans
Sunset