Thursday 9 January 2014

Torquay, Victoria, AUSTRALIA

I am not ready to leave Indonesia; I am not ready to leave Asia. I am not excited about Australia.

Luckily for me, I have been invited to stay with a friend of my parents. Alison, knew my parents from their days in Sheffield, when they were all in their twenties. Alison is Australian but spend a few years living in England and when my parents mentioned to her that I would be visiting Australia she very kindly invited me to stay with her and her husband Robin. And so for the next week they thoroughly spoil me and after months of guest houses and hostels it is such a luxury to be staying in somebody’s home. For the first few days we are at the family’s holiday home in Torquay at the start of the Great Ocean Road, and then it is back to Mentone in the suburbs of Melbourne. I have a really wonderful week with them. 


Cosy Corner Beach, Torquay, The Surf Coast, (Just at the start of The Great Ocean Road)
The Night Jar