Thursday 18 July 2013

And then I was left on my own to explore...

No more air conditioned minibus..... It is the metro all the way. (Although that has air conditioning too)
Which, it turns out is very easy and very very cheap - about 21p a ticket!
I never did work out why the gaps would make your finger bleed though.


I decide there is only one way to make myself feel better...shop! I can only justify a bargain pair pyjamas 

And so it is back to see the forbidden city in the sunshine.
This time the umbrellas are to protect from the sun not the rain.


And back to Tiananmen Square

I also visit the Lama Temple

Lots of incense burning.

It is signed by Norris so it must be true

Which is the female?

Yandai street, lovely tourist shops. Shame I can't fit anything else in my backpack

Love the obedience of the sign

Helpful police woman. Not sure what she is saying so not actually that helpful to me

I miss the guide ordering my food, I don't want starfish and seahorse for dinner.

Fruit is fine though

Love this woman's dress