Sunday 21 July 2013

Xian

The Bell Tower and the Drum Tower

Lots of people stopped me in the street to say hello, practice their English or have their photo taken with me. I guess there aren't that many tall, blond, frizzy haired girls wandering the streets of China. It was actually really nice to see so many smily friendly faces. Much nicer than the people who lust starred. These two boys both wanted their picture taken with me so I thought I would return the compliment.

Washing drying on the street

Outside Xian City walls.

Sentry Buildings on the wall.


I decided to hire a bike to cycle the 14k round the walls and started to regret it after 2k. The bike has no gears, the wall is bumpy and for some reason I thought midday would be the best time to go.


Don't let the hazy sky's deceive you. It is really hot

Inside the City Walls

Very happy reading for an hour or two in Revolution Park. Seems to be the place to go for ballroom dancing too

The local cinema

You can sell anything from the back if a bike

Shaanxi History Museum

Around Xian

The dancing water show. (Don't know if that what it is officially called) I had walked from the museum and decided to sit down at the edge of the fountain for a while. All of a sudden music started and the fountains started dancing along. Make sure you don't touch the water, or sit the wrong way, or lean, or look like you are enjoying it, or smile, or blink or the scary man will blow his whistle at you.

The Big Wild Goose Pagoda

Wet weather gear

Still getting my daily sugar fix

My hostel claimed to be one of the 10 most spectacular hostels in the world.

More Xian