Thursday 24 October 2013

The Taj Mahal



We arrive just after daybreak and mercifully there is only a handful of tourists waiting in the queue for the complex to open. 
The air is so hazy, there is a mist hanging over the Taj, it is breathtaking, but there is also a sense of anticipation as we wait for the sun to rise in the sky and burn off the mist to reveal the beauty of this mausoleum. 


And we feel so blessed that we are here so early with so few people.

And we sit and watch as the marble changes colour and comes alive with the rising sun.







And then the masses arrive









When I was 11 or 12 years old I did a school project on India and this was the first time I read about the Taj Mahal. I didn't think that I would ever get myself to India to see it or that it would move me so much when I did.