Wednesday 28 August 2013

Mui Ne

Deciding not to spend my one full day in Mui Ne on a beach I hired a bike and cycled up to the main resort. There was not much to see other than a string of hotels punctuated bu restaurants and a few travel agents so I cycled back the other way, passed my hotel to Mui Ne town and then over to the Red Sand Dunes.
Not a bad place to have a little wood and metal house. Fisherman pulling in their nets and tiny fish drying in the sun.

It is a many person job it seems
I parked mu bike at a cafe for free on the understanding that I would purchase an overpriced drink on my return. In the sand dunes children would try and rent you pracrious pieces of plastic and while it looked like it might be fun to slide down I didn't fance the climb back up again. The dunes were fairly deserted and I seemed to climb over peak after peak wondering each time if I would find my way back down. Helpfully though most peaks reviled a view of the sea enabling you to get your bearings.
Once back at the cafe I purchased my 60 pence ice tea and had the standard seating options of tiny plastic chair or hammock.
My ride back to my hotel passed the high school coincided with 'home time' and all of a sudden I was surrounded by bikes and scooters with many students catching a lift on the back of a bike. I didnt really manage to blend in to the throng.

Lunch was tofu, mushrooms and rice
And then I walked the short distance to the Fairy Stream
The water is between ankle and knee deep and on the whole you walk on the soft sand although there are a few rocky parts
And at the end you are rewarded with a view of a beautiful little waterfall.
I then walked back down the way I had come.
All the way to the sea
In time for sunset