Monday 17 June 2013

Bratislava to Prague

Easy journey. Bratislava to Breclav, Breclav to Prague.

Except I nearly missed both trains.

At Bratislava I was happily looking for platform 10, but I could only find platforms 1-6. It turned out that the number 10 meant that there was a 10 minute delay and the train was actually due to leave from platform 1.
I had just under an hour to wait at Breclav which you would have thought would be enough time to realise that my train was standing ready to depart on platform 1B. Not platform 1 where I was relaxing in the sun. Luckily I worked out my error with three minutes to spare and made the train.
You would have thought I would have got the hang of this train catching business by now. I hope I get better in time for the Trans Mongolian.


As soon as we arrived in Prague, the train driver got out his bucket of soapy water and cleaned his windscreen.