Sunday 9 June 2013

Disaster Day (It wasn't really that bad)

My room mate wakes me up at 5am. I then fall back into a deep sleep and end up leaving late for the station. This hostel was really expensive but breakfast was included so I intended to get my moneys worth. The sun is already blazing at 10 am, I run all the way to the station with my 16 kilo backpack and arrive a sweaty mess. At this point I also start to regret having so much food at breakfast. I arrive at the station with minutes to spare.


I find my train. I find a seat. I find the strength to lift the backpack into the overhead storage. I wait.... ...the train leaves 15 mins late. There was no need for all that panic this morning after all.
I have an 8 minute connection to make at Plattling and the late departure means that I will probably miss the connecting train. I keep my fingers crossed that due to German efficiency, the 15 minutes will be made up and I will make my connection. That didn't happen. And so I have two hours to wait at Plattling for the next train to Vienna. On the plus side, Plattling is nice, very quiet which is a pleasant change after a week of city hopping. The sun is shining so I find a cafe, sit outside and have my daily fix of coca cola.