Tuesday 11 June 2013

Vienna to Budapest

After hearing lots of rumors about the flooding of the Danube I thought I had better contact the hostel in Budapest to check that it was still advisable to visit. This is the hilarious reply I got.

The train journey was a bit of an adventure. It should have taken just under three hours. An hour and a half in I was happily reading, listening to the iPod, when I noticed that almost everyone in the carriage was getting off the train. There one or two English speakers left looking as confused as me. It turns out we has to get off and get on an autobus (first Hungarian word I have learnt) the 6 buses took us from Gyor to Tatabanya where we has to walk across the railway tracks and get on a new train. So a total of 4 hours later I arrive in Budapest.

Oh... And it is still raining..