Sunday 9 June 2013

I love Munich

Karlzplatz, Marienplatz, Odeonsplatz.

Frauenkirche
Really beautiful cathedral. You can normally climb the towers but they were closed when I visited. I was secretly relived that I wouldn't have to climb all the stairs.

Viktualienmarkt. I loved this produce market. Lots of meats, cheese, fish, flowers, fruit and veg. And a beergarden in the centre of it all.

Apparently the most famous beer hall in the world. Lots of laderhosen clad men and Bavarian food too. It was 25 degrees outside but must have been closer to 30 degrees inside, a good ploy to get you to drink more beer. It was huge and packed to bursting.

Englischen Garten. This is a massive park in the centre of Munich. 25 degrees today so there were lots of people enjoying the sun and coolong off in the river. Someone could have warned me about all the nudists. I have seen far too many naked Germans today.

Beer garden. I know it is not even a pint but this is the most beer I have ever drunk. No idea what it was or how strong it was.